So I took a couple minutes to look up some of these companies in google, wrote down the names of the companies Presidents and Board members, and then searched in OpenSecrets.org to see who these people donated money to. This is by no means an exhaustive list of evidence that Obamacare and the waiver process is yet another corrupt system set up to favor certain groups, but I think I have produced some pretty fair anecdotal evidence:
- Crystal Run Village, Inc, 1350 employees, waiver approved 12/30/2010, The Crystal Run Village, Inc. Board Of Directors President Donald Green and VP Susan Kennedy, both major donors to Barack Obama.
- GC Harvesting, Inc., 2500 employees, waiver approved 12/30/2010, CEO Gustavo Garcia, major donor to Barack Obama.
- MVP (Healthcare), 21548 employees, waiver approved 12/30/2010, donor lookup by employer 'MVP' revealed large numbers of employees donating to Barack Obama plus a sizable amount given to a lobbying group called MVP, which lobbied for Obamacare
- Sieben Polk Law Firm, 3 employees, waiver approved 12/30/2010, search 'Sieben' and you'll see that he has given large amounts of money to various Democrats, including several donations to Barack Obama
- Euromarket Designs, Inc., d/b/a Crate and Barrel, 3452 employees, waiver approved 12/29/2010, founded by Gordon Segal, who is a big time donor to Barack Obama
- Alfred P. Sloan, 41 employees, waiver approved 12/23/2010, CEO Richard Bernstein, big time donor to Barack Obama
- MJ Soffe, 270 employees, waiver approved 12/30/2010, this is a subsidiary of Delta Apparel, who also got a waiver (67 employees, waiver approved 12/30/2010), whose President gave a small donation to Democrats years ago, whose Vice-President Deborah Merrill is a big Obama donor, and another VP who is a big Democratic donor (Martha Watson)
UPDATE: I continue to be ahead of the news cycle- memeorandum has a story about this today!